Best way to develop youngsters in Spain?

Okay firstly I've only got the Primera loaded so the 'B Team' is pretty much useless (anyways the chances of Real Sociedad B getting randomly promoted to the Segunda are really slim). Now I'm coming near the end of my 2nd season and am expecting a fair few of youngsters to get promoted from the Under 19s to the Senior squad. The problem is that since La Real aren't the best I need to keep my 25-man senior squad the strongest, and due to the fairly harsh 'Over 19yo have to be registered ruling', I'm thinking that I won't have room to include them all in my squad.

So I'm wondering, what would be the best way to develop them (as they would be at least potential 3.5 stars)? Should I put them in the B Team where they would play 'pretend games' or keep them in my Senior squad and while they wouldn't get matches (except maybe the Copa) they would at last benefit from my Training schedules (all categories with at least 4 star coaches)? Many thanks.

Loaning them out is a minefield.

Their training facilities, coaches and most importantly their manager needs to be of high quality. The loanee must be of sufficient quality compared to the league that he plays over 7.0 on average, he must avoid injuries and be a first team regular, he needs to be ready to go on loan and that means that you must be done tutoring him so that he has 15+ in Determination, is professional and ambitious.

Don't put them in the B team - they will rot there.

They need to be at least Match Fit at all times, so keeping them around just for cup matches is not an option.

So bottom line is: incorporate the hot prospects into the 25 man squad, loan the ones you think may play well at another club (since you don't have Adelante loaded, this could be worthless experience - I am not sure), sell those who are too good to be in the B-team and will get you cash when sold, relegate the ones that would possibly be ok players in Secunda Division B to the B-team, release the rest.

That is what I did.

Thanks man.

I only have La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga & Premiership loaded, so any loan offers I get will probably be from lesser teams in lower divisions not loaded so they would only end up playing 'virtual matches'. So, like you say, any potential benefit would be negligible.

I'm just going to just have to take a gamble on some!

Archived