Sugestion : Regarding player condition

Greetings,

First of all, i love FM series. Just thought id post my two cents, and in case anyone else agrees or disagrees, feel free to contribute.

I personally find very annoying the fact that sometimes im playing against teams where players are @ 30 to 40% condition, and the players are still making forward runs as if they were 100% fit. Its quite annoying when a fully fit player cant catch a player making a forward run while hes trying to keep the ball in possession, especially when that player is unfit.

In real matches, when players get tired, they start to play poorly, they can hardly get passes right, let alone make forward runs like this.

My suggestion is that the player condition should be directly proportional to their attributes. Players skills should deteriorate trough match, so you dont have players @ 30 and 40% condition outrunning players who just joined the match for instance.

Also somethings quit off with set pieces. The balls usually only reach the first and second bars, and the players marked as "go forward" never have the chance to touch the ball.

Cheers

I forgot to mention something that bugs the @@%# out of me everytime: Complacency.

Ill tell you why. The morale feature, and players not being motivated and all, i love. It adds depth to the game. What i hate is the fact that when the players go in "Looking disinterested or complacent" theres absolutely NOTHING you can do about it. The only thing you cna try is yell at him during halftime or something, but even then some players dont respond to this.

I want a feature to allow me to fight this issue. I dont want to argue with players to be motivated. If they dont perform well, i wanna dump them into reserve or even put them on the transfer list, and i wanna make sure they know its because of this. I want to have a way of fighting this behaviour, coz quite honestly its pretty silly that you cant.

In real world, any manager would yell at players underperforming. ANd this falls into the performancy category in my humble opinion. I want driven players to be motivated in finales. Seeing "looking disinterested" players in championship games quite annoys me, and i wanna be able to address this issue trough private chats.

"oh hey you dont wanna do what im telling you to do? k bye"

At the moment being a world wide known superstar manager just doesnt seem to pay off. If you tell your players what you expect of them, quite honestly, they should just shut up and do it, and if some **** talks back at you, you should have ways to fight it. Everytime you try to tell players what to do they talk back, and the available answers seem to trigger totally random answers from them.

Guess im asking for better ways to address problems with players trough the private chat.

cheers

the "kbye" thing you said is actually true. There are a few reasons why a player won't perform well and/or has poor morale:

* He is new to the club, his teammates and you. This makes the "for the fans" teamtalk work poorly, and all possible team talks have little or no effect apart from making them nervous, complacent, disinterested or all of them at once.

*You are new at the club. You haven't built rapport with your crew, and so teamtalks have little or no effect.

*He has either low determination, low professionality, high temper, high controversy, low pressure or a combination of those.

In the latter case, unless you can tutor the player so that he loses his attitude, he is more than useless - he is a threat to the team and must be removed as soon as possible.

On top of being helpless with complacent players, the Home and Away formula is seriously off. I get it that teams tend to play better on home games, being motivated by their fans and all, but this shouldnt happen on EVERY friggen game. Its kinda silly how world class players keep missing the goal just because theyre playing away. Shouldnt there be a threshold on that kind of stuff? A player thats played two world cups and a few other nationals should be more than confortable playing anywhere, and shouldnt become ******** and start missing passes and long shots just because hes away.

When you take into consideration that players dont ever get tired, and they keep making forward runs and chasing the ball for 90 minutes straight, this home and away thing gets even worse.

I just played a game where the opossition got two players dismissed with a red card, and by the end of second half the players @ 30% condition were still outrunning my players just because they were playing a home game. I could hardly feel the difference of having 2 extra players. This is kinda silly no? If players ever got tired, having 2 less players would be a major drag to them, having to run more. I bet it would fix both issues.

And just some food for thought. Argentina just lost a game in Copa America quarterfinals playing in Argentina. They have underperformed on every game and messi just plainly sucked. Kinda makes you wonder how much effect playing for your fans have on players (for better or worse on this case, adding a lot of pressure on them).

Archived