player values

I was wondering how player values are calculated – I’m currently managing Eastbourne Boro in the Conference – and have 2 strikers (Andy Atkin & Jamie Taylor), who by January have bagged around 18 goals each. Yet their value has remained at £1k. This is despite me awarding them new deals until 2013. I would have thought with that sort of goal return, their value should be at least £10k each if not a tad more.

On the flip side, I signed a keeper pre season on a free (James Dalton, ex Spurs), who had fairly poor stats, and I dropped him after only 2 games as he was pretty awful. Yet I have just sold him for £65k. After selling him I immediately clicked back on his profile and his value had dipped to £5k........

Player values do not depend only on form. They're also related to age (players over 30 tend to have lower values, as their abilities tend to go down), contract length+wages, club size and league, reputation, and perceived ability and potential ability, to name a few.

Also, it's normal to pay premium prices for players that you believe they can be great for your team, or that you feel that their perceived value will increase with time (based on some items that I've cited).

Archived