future fms!!!!

C' mon lets have an official "what i want in fm 2007" thread. Im sitting on santa's knee.

i want half time team talks

i want better tactic interaction

i want reserves and youth teams

i want staff i can appoint

i want a hell of a lot more unlockables

i want player pictures

i want 2d match play

i want stadium interaction

i want media interaction

i want better player interaction (praise or fine)

and thats just the start icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

So c'mon psp people lets get suggestin' for the SI people give them what they need.

Oh and one more

i want usb interaction.

icon14.gif

C' mon lets have an official "what i want in fm 2007" thread. Im sitting on santa's knee.

i want half time team talks

i want better tactic interaction

i want reserves and youth teams

i want staff i can appoint

i want a hell of a lot more unlockables

i want player pictures

i want 2d match play

i want stadium interaction

i want media interaction

i want better player interaction (praise or fine)

and thats just the start icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

So c'mon psp people lets get suggestin' for the SI people give them what they need.

Oh and one more

i want usb interaction.

icon14.gif

I think we have to respect the PSP's limitations a little more, and try to work out which 'i wants' are most important and actually feasible.

Player pics clearly ain't gonna happen, for instance, or if they are then they are going to take up far more UMD space than they merit as an 'improvement' to the game.

For me, stuff like stadium interaction is ********, not something football managers do.

Appointing staff, if their opinions are as useful as on the FM2005 I used to play, would be a waste of space.

Reserves and youth teams would complicate the game more than necessary. Given that the PSP has to work with a smaller database already, adding a load of fringe-at-best players would seem counter-productive. At best, I would suggest that you could choose the level of finance and commitment to a youth scheme, with a corresponding effect on how many/how good players come through.

Managing international teams? Forget it, be realistic.

Team of the week? Seems completely cosmetic and barely relevant, to me.

To me, its the fundamentals that should be improved: player interaction, board interaction, a more detailed idea of your club's finances, wider tactical options. I imagine these things can all be improved without needing to create a six-inch UMD, and without compromising the vision of a portable FM that is faster to play.

Completely agree with you Lowlife.

Some of the comments made by those above you are complete cack.

The main thing for me that's missing is the ability to set your set piece (etc) takers, so that you don't have to do so again and again and again. I find this infuriating.

Otherwise great, and everything else I barely miss.

Oh it would be nice to set the preices of pies though. icon_smile.gif

ok lowlife and storminbalders lets just say nothing and leave fm as it is so SI dont have a f***ing clue what we want except crappy player interaction. "well done player u have been on good form" wow that really improves the game. As for the staff being a waste of time! c'mon have you played fm06 the staff play a importnat role. The better your staff the better your training. So c'mon there has to be some stuff u want even if u think it cant be done you might be suprised by SI!

Hey avanti, I hardly kept quiet and gave SI no idea what I thought needed improving. (Tactics, player interaction, FINANCES). I just think that the very heart of the game, the heart of managing a football team, is what should be improved before anything else.

avanti, you are behaving and posting like a 5-year-old child, throwing your toys out of the pram, insulting me and sprinkling sarcastic smilies everywhere.

All because I have a slightly different view of what the priorities should be for improvements to FMH.

Grow up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">stuff like stadium interaction is ******** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Team of the week? Seems completely cosmetic and barely relevant, to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reserves and youth teams would complicate the game more than necessary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Appointing staff, if their opinions are as useful as on the FM2005 I used to play, would be a waste of space. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your words "waste of space" exactly what you are

Three replies, you're getting way too hot under the collar about this.

You asked what we think should be improved by SI in the game. I commented on what I think is worthwhile, not worthwhile, realistic or not realistic to expect. Now, I don't think stadium stuff is important in a cut-down version of FM, since Jose Mourinho doesn'tsit down and redesign Stamford Bridge. I think that the CORE of the gameplay needs improving before worrying about the trimmings.

If my saying 'bullocks', or commenting on what I thought was an unrealistic list of demands offends you so deeply, then I apologise.

More financial info would be a good idea, and having the matches you play impact on that, i.e. I beat Rangers away as East Stirling in the Scottish Cup whilst in Division 3 but got no more money, even though we should have got about 500k in shared gate reciepts!

Also the ability to turn a team from semi-professional to professional. I can't see many semi-pro teams winning the SPL or getting to the Champions League semi's!

• SI Staff

Please keep things civil - if someone is looking for something slightly different from the game than you yourself would like then thats fair enough ... we're all different and everyones view is valid in at least their eyes.

As usual we'll be listening to all feedback and using that to help guide us in enhancing the game going forward.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To me, its the fundamentals that should be improved: player interaction, board interaction, a more detailed idea of your club's finances, wider tactical options. I imagine these things can all be improved without needing to create a six-inch UMD, and without compromising the vision of a portable FM that is faster to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said.

given the space / memory restrictions, I suggest they dump training entirely. I would be willing to give up enhanced finances to get better player / staff / media interaction.

one more thing. It worries me when I can't see my battery life, without having to exit the game.

Can we add the batter life indicator somewhere?

even if its just a 'news' item?

eg: News - battery life estimated at 10 minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It worries me when I can't see my battery life, without having to exit the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont have to exit the game just click home look in the corener, then press circle..suprise!!!.. your back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You dont have to exit the game just click home look in the corener, then press circle..suprise!!!.. your back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for the tip!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lowlife70:

A tiny thing, but I would love it if the game could tell you how long you've spent playing it, just like the PC version and its addiction-level rating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep that would be a nifty addition icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sabex:

one more thing. It worries me when I can't see my battery life, without having to exit the game.

Can we add the batter life indicator somewhere?

even if its just a 'news' item?

eg: News - battery life estimated at 10 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see if I can drudge the battery level information from within the O/S at some point - if I can I'll put it onto a screen somewhere for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'll see if I can drudge the battery level information from within the O/S at some point - if I can I'll put it onto a screen somewhere for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks Marc!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richeh

I alos agree with Lowlife's comment's.

However personally i would have to say i want to see a better tactics screen, FAR better. I want more control over it. Scouting, appointing staff [coaches/scouts/assistant managers] that kind of thing.

I would also like to see a vast improvement on the max player's which currently seems ot be 36. I'm the kind of player who like sot scour the world for young talent and add it to my squad in the believe that i can train that player up to become a world class star [hey let me dream icon_razz.gif].

I would also lik eto see more freedom to click information within a players info, for example when reading Landreau' " profile " i'd like to be able to move right and highlight his fave team " Nantes " and go to that team.

Player interaction is something else i would like to see.

I hope Marc et all don't take this the wrong way becauce it's just like constructive critiscm but you have made a very good game but it has lot's of holes in it in comparision to it's bigger [PC] brother. Obviously not all the features in the pc version can be ported but i'd like, no, LOVE to see as many of them as possible transferred over to the psp.

Maybe this isnt quite related but i seem to get LOTS of injuries weekly and i am just using the traiing as it came without making ANY ammendments to it. I'd like to see a reduction in injuries as it's really spoiling the game for me.

I understand the gameis supposed to be portable and " Pick up & Play " but i think most FM gamers would like to see as much as possible included in the little brother of our most loved game.

Guest Richeh

I'd also like to see a change to the way transfers are handled. I'd like to be able to offer / receive player exchanges. As well as offer a fee upfront and a buy out clause for on loan players and for my players who are loaned out.

Archived