Genie Scout Help?

Using genie scout have helped me win many titles and cups but im going to use it to help me build a sqaud in the blue sqaure south. What criteria do i need to use to find players that will want to come to my club (afc wimbledon)????

You'd need to save your shortlist on FM.

(Manager > Search > Find Players > Filter Conditions > Ask Assman to remove unreal targets)

Then...

(Short List > Save (Bottom right of player search screen) > Enter Name > Ok)

Go to the manager trees on the right hand side

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Team Name [+]

Team Name Reserves [+]

Team Name U-18's [+]

V

V

V

V

[-]Search

Shortlist

Players

Staff</pre>

Click on SHORTLIST.

This will bring up a general shortlist of your players. In the bottom right you will see a "Shortlists" button, click it select the name of your saved shortlist.

This will now bring up all the players you had in that player search filter. Click the "Shortlists" button again, and hit

"Export Shortlist"

Save it as whatever name you like.

Save your game.

Open up your game in Genie, then go to File / Options or whatever you can to "Import shortlist" - select the shortlist (should be there by deault, if not its in

My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM08 > Shortlists)

and select it.

Genie will now open the shortlist of players in your search filter, that your assman feels are interested in you, from here you can find the best players open to you.

Please note : This worked for FM06 and Genie Scout for FM06, I've not used it for 07 and 08 due to not having a P.C and working from a mac, so I can't guarantee it will work, but it seems the most logical way.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

You'd need to save your shortlist on FM.

(Manager > Search > Find Players > Filter Conditions > Ask Assman to remove unreal targets)

Then...

(Short List > Save (Bottom right of player search screen) > Enter Name > Ok)

Go to the manager trees on the right hand side

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Team Name [+]

Team Name Reserves [+]

Team Name U-18's [+]

V

V

V

V

[-]Search

Shortlist

Players

Staff</pre>

Click on SHORTLIST.

This will bring up a general shortlist of your players. In the bottom right you will see a "Shortlists" button, click it select the name of your saved shortlist.

This will now bring up all the players you had in that player search filter. Click the "Shortlists" button again, and hit

"Export Shortlist"

Save it as whatever name you like.

Save your game.

Open up your game in Genie, then go to File / Options or whatever you can to "Import shortlist" - select the shortlist (should be there by deault, if not its in

My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM08 > Shortlists)

and select it.

Genie will now open the shortlist of players in your search filter, that your assman feels are interested in you, from here you can find the best players open to you.

Please note : This worked for FM06 and Genie Scout for FM06, I've not used it for 07 and 08 due to not having a P.C and working from a mac, so I can't guarantee it will work, but it seems the most logical way.

Thanks Nepenthez I'll try that

I find the best way is to go on the "select leage' drop down box and select Blue Square North, then load players from that league. Click the current potential box when it loads so that the players are then arranged in descending order and see what sort of standard the top players in the league are. Obviously if you want to compete for promotion in the league you'l need players of this current ability so then do a search for players with around the same Current Ability as the players that are the best in that league. (Usually around 95.)

I do this firstly with a search with the age limited to 24 so I can find good younger players, also with a Potential ability of around 125-135 so that I know they can improve and compete in the next league after promotion.

Archived