Why is my team so poor even though they're not?!?!

I have managed benfica for over 3 seasons and I have won everything 3 times, they really have been on fire. The board have been very generous with the transfer kitty, as I have over £100m in the bank. They have not however, been generous with the wages. My max wage is £27,000 P/w. I have to buy players very young and put them on 5 year contracts. This youth strategy is fine by me as long as I could keep them after their contracts run out. They always become massive stars and want bucketloads of cash. I either have to sell them while I can get cash for them or release them only to have them snapped up by weaker sides (mainly English) who can offer double what I can for wages. But we have another problem there. If I want to sell them, like one I did recently, it was Fabio Conatrao (forgive if spelt wrong) who was world player of the year and Portuguese premier league player of the year and his value was a mere £10.5m. Luckily I got £20m for him but after I sold him to Real Madrid he was worth £46m. Why can't I offer higher wages, and why are world class youth players only worth pennies just because they play in Portugal?!?! Please help!!

• SI Staff

If you're on the iPhone game try trading your transfer budget away for increased wage budget - once it gets beyond a certain point you should find it'll 'drag' your maximum wage up with it.

With regards to the valuation of players within specific leagues - this is because the leagues have a fixed reputation in the current FMH games regardless of how clubs perform within them (so the Portuguese league will be rated on a level that it is in real-life presently permanently within the game) - this is something I'm looking at altering in FMH2012.

Archived