Do you play mind-games?

I recently started to wonder that I rarely use press in the media. Sure - I'm attending to every press conference myself and therefore earned to be called 'media-friendly manager' by press, but I rarely go to media myself. As I prefer not to sign much new players I don't really have to unsettle my targets or anything like that. Praising players for good performances usually happens on post-match press conferences. So what's left for it is pre-match and post-match mind-games with AI managers. I've been avoiding them because I'm not really sure what to say and general rule in that cases is - don't say anything, you might make it worse.

In FM10 my assman suggested if I should make a comment about opposition player or not. I followed his advice, but I never really understand if my comments had any actual effect in the game. Also, in FM11 I haven't received any such advice from backroom staff.

Has anybody developed some good handbook on mind-games? What to say and when? (e.g. what to say about stronger and weaker opponents). Is the effect of my words somehow connected to my squad personality?

And what should I say about opposition players so that it would affect their game negatively? (also connected to personality?).

Archived