strikeforce...

im newcastle and in my first season,im 7 games in sitting with 11 points which i am very happy with,so our next game is away to

blackpool and i get the question in the press conference that blackpool have now suffered 7 straight defeats and the relegation candidates

find themselves in 20th place,surely they dont look like a side resisting your newcastle team and this should be an easy win on saturday to which

i replied " i think we have to be realistic and acknowledge its going to be tough for us"

then the next question is "your response suggests you have concerns about some of your players.what area of the team concerns you most" to which i replied "attack".

being a newcastle fan this obvisley is our weakest line so i was just being honest i suppose.

anyway the game came and we went 1-0 down on the 30th min so i changed from my formation a wee bit and we went on to equalise on the 33rd min through ireland,37min ben arfa, 39min and 68min nile ranger, 45min jonas, 64min lichtsteiner and kevin nolan 73rdmin to win 7-1.

im presuming that my midfielders have reacted to me criticising the attack by chipping in with a few goals???

Archived