Explosive Counter 3-4-3 Diamond

This tactic was created to get the ball forward with as many men as possible and defend well whilst keeping men forward. This is NOT a possession tactic although some of the counter attacking really pulls opponents apart and I would recommend this for teams with strong defenders and fast attackers.

AFCAjaxAjax_Tactics-2.png

Goalkeeper - I would recommend getting the best available but I also think it is particularly important with this tactic they are fast at coming out and beating the opposing striker to the ball to cut out any through balls over the top

Centre Backs - Although I expected the defenders to have to be quick to cover the space where wingers are quite open I feel the main thing about this tactic is for them to be strong in the air as they need to be able to win headers from opposition goal kicks and for defending crosses.

Defensive Midfielder - I use the defensive midfielder as either an out ball for the back 3 or to pull centre midfielders in to leave space behind for my more attacking centre mids and attacking midfielder. I wouldn't say he is an important member of the team in terms of getting the ball a lot but he needs to have good heading ability and generally needs to be able to pass well.

Centre Midfielders & Attacking Midfielder - I put these together as they basically perform the same function just in different space on the pitch. They work together to create space for each other then quickly hitting through balls wide to the wide strikers for them to cross it to the central striker or pull it back to the attacking midfielder. The only differences between the central midfielders and the attacking midfielder is that the attacking midfielder makes runs into the area and the central midfielders also defend the wide positions. I would recommend good passing ability for all these players and good stamina for the central midfielders. These players are attacking players so avoid playing defensive midfielders here as tackling isnt important, they are only there to apply pressure and force opponents to pass.

Wide Strikers - It is essential that these players have PACE. Their role in the team is to chase through balls and cross it in. However, with a high enough pace attribute they do not require high crossing attributes as they are often able to square the ball to other players. Think Theo Walcott, think fast!!!

Central Striker - This is probably the position that others could help me on most I use him to get on the end of crosses but this requires wide men getting the ball first. Maybe someone could help me making him more useful when we have the ball in a deeper position. Just try and find a good overall striker, but I also thing pace is an important attribute to have. I would stick to players who are better technically than target men as the striker doesnt get many crosses in the air.

I would uses maximum width pitch and i dont use any opposition instructions.

DO NOT GO ON HOLIDAY TO TEST THIS AS YOU WILL LOSE :)

AFCAjaxAjax_Fixtures-2.png

AjaxvPSVSplitView.png

As you can see it creates a lot of chances without having much possession

I went on holiday 20 minutes in against arsenal as I needed to go out but i felt we was doing ok before i went on holiday

Download Link

Media Fire --------> http://www.mediafire.com/?pea6z87ble1981b

Had this going last year as well, lots of potential as you said. I've tested your one but the possession is an issue as I prefer my teams to control the game. Done few tweaks and the possession increased a lot, well done overall.

I've changed the midfield to a narrow diamond now and it seems to be working when tested with Real Madrid and Im dominating passing and shots. However, Im unsure of how to get the best out of ronaldo and di maria as my wide strikers as I use a trequartista behind the central striker to play through balls through as much as possible. I want the wingers to make runs through the gap between the centre back and full back but cut inside wide play often causes them to come inside with the ball rather than making a run meaning they have the ball too early and arent through on goal. Any ideas?

I want the wingers to make runs through the gap between the centre back and full back but cut inside wide play often causes them to come inside with the ball rather than making a run meaning they have the ball too early and arent through on goal. Any ideas?

Hi Mustard, change the "cut inside" to "run down the channels" with "roaming" and "run off the ball" to mixed or often.

Zico10, can you share yours?
cheers, but the thread is not mine, so that depend on mustardpower.

Archived