Match analysis tool

Looking over the pass completed/intercepted/ out of pitch analysis tool why does it seem to count headed clearances, cleared balls etc as a pass?

Example

2.png

It is counted as a header won in the Headers event.

Not a big deal really but annoying still , as I am obsessed with retaining possesion and pass completion %

In your example it would seem to be because the play starts from an indirect free Kick, your kick taker has the intention of passing thee ball to one of your players in the box for a scoring chance so even though it's from a dead ball situation it's still an attempted pass from one of your team to another which doesn't find it's intended target. Imo it should be counted as an intercepted pass unless my initial premise was wrong and it is a direct free kick.

Sorry my friend I forgot to mention I was the defending team (my bad)

I see..well that does change things considerably and it would seem to me you have a very good case for arguing against the clearance being counted as an intercepted pass. from the screenshot it seems like the m.e is assuming your defender clearing the header is attempting to pass to your player just inside the centre circle and is being counted as a failed pass due to the relative starting positions of him and the attacking player who beats him to the headed clearance, which does seem like a very harsh interpretation of events considering your defender's main objective would be simply to prevent the free kick leading to a goal.

Archived