Starting New Game Question?.

I updated my game from v2.1 to v3.0 on the day it was released and have continued playing my long term Liverpool save on it since then. This save has the recommended English, Scottish, Spanish etc on it offered when I loaded it and runs very fast.

I now intend to start a new game with Liverpool but getting the full January transfer changes etc as well as the ME changes. My objective in the game ever since I started on FM years ago has always been the same ie, take Liverpool and get a lot of talented youth players with the objective of watching them play through U18's, Reserve/Loan/Subs, until they are the finished product as the first team. My old PC although a good powerful PC in itself didn't have a big enough Graphics card to play the 3D and I always tended to stick to the recommended settings for database etc. Considering my stated objectives above and the fact that I now have a new very powerful PC probably capable of running all the leagues I am wondering what would be the best set up to have in my projected new game. I only ever manage Liverpool or Sunderland and am more interested in unknown youth players. I use the Genie Scout tool for this purpose and of course these players need to be I think EU passport holders. Should I put in loads and loads of different leagues and risk slowing my game as it gets bigger over a period of years or not.

Not being too PC tekkie I would like to read your various opinions on what would be the best set up for me to ensure a good flow of talented youth players coming through?.

I personally would only load the major leagues like, itally, spain, france, holland, maybe view only if you know you are only going to manage in england but have a large database and load all players from the biggest european nations.

Depends how powerful your PC is. Mine isnt but I still loaded players from about 12 nations. The more players the better.

Archived