Unnatural Selection, ML or AML & Goalscoring for FUN.

THIS IS PSP.

Selection.

I'm a few seasons in my Nottingham Forest game marching to my 5th league title in a row something like 17 points clear in March. I have noticed that my title rivals dont play their best players. I sold Moussa Sissoko to Arsenal for 30m, Luis Suarez to Chelsea for 35m and Fabio Coentrao for a cool 36m to Liverpool and only Coentrao has played regular. I played against the mighty Manchester United at Old Trafford and dismissed them 3-0 and when I looked at their team and squad their best players just weren't playing and barely do. Have any of you noobs noticed this ?.

ML or AML.

Its seems ML and MR are better than AML and AMR. Who knew ?. I certainly didn't my wide players are scoring double, assiting triple, making double the passes in a match, having 30% more possession and average ratings of six are now high sevens. This has made my formation look negative but the league table isn't lying.

( GK,DL,DR,CB,CB,DM,MC,MC,ML,MR and CF ... its a 4-1-4-1 and it makes me sick )

Goalscoring = The Fun.

My first purchase was a striker a Portugese dude named Almeida with awesome stats who's been rocking a goal a game for four seasons with consistant average rating above eight. I pickup up a French kid on a Bosman to serve as backup for my main man and when my senior striker got injured around November my new player came in and in his first SEVEN games he smashed TWENTY TWO goals. My first choice striker Almeida is back now and Mignot has FORTY FOUR goals in TWENTY SEVEN games.

• SI Staff

With regards to the AML/R possibly the reason you find straight 'wingers' rather than attacking positioned wingers doing well is that you have a flat back 4 - that means with advanced wingers the passes to them from the back are longer and there is less chance of over-lapping play and suchlike ... this would be fine if you're playing a very direct game punting balls for them to run onto, but I'm guessing you're a little more sophisticated in approach than that? - which might explain why having them positioned back a little deeper is getting them more involved in play? (could be utterly wrong - just an off the cuff thought)

With regards to the AML/R possibly the reason you find straight 'wingers' rather than attacking positioned wingers doing well is that you have a flat back 4 - that means with advanced wingers the passes to them from the back are longer and there is less chance of over-lapping play and suchlike ... this would be fine if you're playing a very direct game punting balls for them to run onto, but I'm guessing you're a little more sophisticated in approach than that? - which might explain why having them positioned back a little deeper is getting them more involved in play? (could be utterly wrong - just an off the cuff thought)

- That is 100% correct my wide players are getting into the games far more my left midfielder James Baker ( aka - Ryan Giggs ) for example has plundered 22 goals and 35 assists in 45 games which absolutely dwarfs his previous contribution, this tactical switch has had similar effects on my other players leading me to break all kinds of records.

Archived