FMHi - 2d Highlights v Commentary Only

I have noticed that since the new update, when I view a match via 2d highlights i get very limited commentary other than when a match 2d highlight pops up. However when i switch to commentary only, I get loads of updates of how the game is progressing - far more than I would have received when viewing 2d highlights.

Surely 2d highlights option should be the best of both worlds - commentary when things are happenning that do not result in a goal scoring opportunity, but then snaps to 2d when a key moment happens.

Has anyone noticed this? I would be interestred to hear other peoples thoughts on this. Play 1st half 2d highlights, then switch to commentary only and see how much more info you get in the 2nd half (for those who say thats because its the 2nd half, switch it round or even change it during the game).

Cheers

• SI Staff

Both views should show the same amount of commentary tbh - its likely that you notice commentary more when 2d isn't displaying as I find personally when I'm watching the 2d I tend not to read the commentary which is displayed at the same time apart from when a goal is scored and I quickly nip my eyes down to try and check who scored it.

The match plays out the same regardless of the mode you view it in, its simply viewing the same match in a different manner - think of it like watching a match on match of the day vs listening to it on the radio, its the same match playing out - just your perception of it differs somewhat.

Archived