Need a 442 diamond formation

Umm there are 4-4-2 diamond formations in the game... There's also the 4-1-2-1-2 formation with A DMC, 2 mcs, and an amc.

If you're asking what else to do with those, I'd play balanced, short passing, pressing, offside trap. Make the fullbacks be wing backs, both mcs be box to box, one striker a tm and the other a poacher.

Change that to defensive, no trap, and men behind ball when you're on the road.

I've played a 442 Diamond formation for my first season at Burnley - I won the championship, but I'm gonna keep tweaking it until I get it right for all players.

As of now, my formation is 442 Diamond (obviously)

Teams Instructions:

Mentality - Balanced (Attacking leaks too many goals, defensive doesnt get enough)

Passing Style - Short (prevents wingers from straying and encourages DMC to push up)

Tackling style - Committed (Cos I'm 'ard ;)

All toggles - No

Player Roles

DL/DR - Full Back

DCs - Central Def

DMC - Ball Winning Mid

ML/MR - Winger

AMC - Advanced playmaker

FCs - One Advanced Forward, one Target Man

Your AMC ideally needs to be your best player as he is essentially a deep striker - I managed to get Jack Wilshere on loan and he ripped the Championship apart! Your target man should be strong and have high shooting stats - I signed Darius Vassell on a free at the beginning of the season and he's not showing his age at all. DMC should obviously have good tackling stats, with good passing and teamwork/decisions too.

Fire away any Q's you might have :)

Archived