Morale!?

How can I keep morale up? My team started off low, we went on a run, morale varies from Good to Superb. One loss, everything drops to Very Poor to Okay.

Right now, we're 1st heading into January, EVERYONE has either Very Poor or Poor morale after two successive defeats. We win a game, morale might rise to Okay at best. And then we draw and it all drops again.

My team-talks are always supportive, I congratulate the team when we win or get a good result, I sympathise with most defeats, disappointed with a few.

Really starting to annoy me.

In short: Personal chats with your players.

Comment on their last performance (truthfully) and their morale goes up. Get it wrong and it worsens your relationship with the player

As an exploit you can also tell a player he isn't performing in training. Most times he will take your advice, but if he thinks its unfair you can back down.

Personally I only use the former, since the latter is a bug/exploit, but then again so is the "player x has to be stopped" that destroys morale.

Furthermore I find this morale mini-game much too time consuming, and I hope it is changed in future versions.

Cheers mate, this does help.

I agree, seems to be a bit of a poor idea. I'm not sure how much private chats go on in real life but it's just not realistic for a whole team to be so upset after just the odd loss, especially when performing well above expectations!

Four of my players who got a 7+ rating have gone from Poor/Okay morale to Very Good. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem, there is zero consistency in morale. I find it strange when a superb team morale suddenly plummets because of a 2-0 defeat after a nine match win streak. I'm getting tired of all the chats I have to do. It's so extremely repetitive and tedious now. If morale is down, the team doesn't even reach half its potential. So basically, I am forced to do chats over and over again which is beginning to bore me to death.

Archived