Well, I have lost all of my Fm 2008 saved games.

I downloaded the new patch, clicked 'open with', went to choose the program from a list, then football manager 2008 and clicked on it.

It said that I had clicked on football manager 2007 so I tried to do this again and the same thing happened. I wasn't sure what the problem was but though it might be that they had the same file name because it only said 'fm' at the bottom when I clicked on Football Manager 2008. So I changed the file name of 2008 to just fm 2008. I then opened the new patch with fm2008 and it said that it couldn't find the file. It looked like the whole football manager 2008 files had gone so I clicked on it at the desktop and it couldn't find the file either. In program files, there was only the data editor and the uninstall stuff. I looked in the recycle bin as well and couldn't find it there.

So, thinking that I'd still keep my saved games I uninstalled and then re-installed the game to find that the saved games are gone. I can click on load game but it will exit Football Manager completely if I do that.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I tried to write it down as I remembered it.

I realise I must have made lots of mistakes doing that, and trying to fix it but I just had to explain my situation before I asked these questions;

It took me ages to get to the 5th season with Leyton Orient but I'd gotten them to the Premiership, and I had gotten far on several other saves as well. So would it be better to go to editor and take them to the squads and situations that I'd gotten them to? Or to start them all again?

Well, I have lost all of my Fm 2008 saved games.

I downloaded the new patch, clicked 'open with', went to choose the program from a list, then football manager 2008 and clicked on it.

It said that I had clicked on football manager 2007 so I tried to do this again and the same thing happened. I wasn't sure what the problem was but though it might be that they had the same file name because it only said 'fm' at the bottom when I clicked on Football Manager 2008. So I changed the file name of 2008 to just fm 2008. I then opened the new patch with fm2008 and it said that it couldn't find the file. It looked like the whole football manager 2008 files had gone so I clicked on it at the desktop and it couldn't find the file either. In program files, there was only the data editor and the uninstall stuff. I looked in the recycle bin as well and couldn't find it there.

So, thinking that I'd still keep my saved games I uninstalled and then re-installed the game to find that the saved games are gone. I can click on load game but it will exit Football Manager completely if I do that.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I tried to write it down as I remembered it.

I realise I must have made lots of mistakes doing that, and trying to fix it but I just had to explain my situation before I asked these questions;

It took me ages to get to the 5th season with Leyton Orient but I'd gotten them to the Premiership, and I had gotten far on several other saves as well. So would it be better to go to editor and take them to the squads and situations that I'd gotten them to? Or to start them all again?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Magnificent Kolo Toure:

Yeah, I've now downloaded it from here.

http://files.filefront.com/Football+Manager+2008+802/;9631802;/fileinfo.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would appear to be a RAR file. Once downloaded, you'd have to unpack it with WinRAR. If you don't have it, you can download it from here. Handy program to have, generally.

Archived