Arsenal 4-1-2-1-2: please help me in fine-tuning

Hello everyone!

I have been working on a tactic and have had relative success. I would like to go further with this tactic but I'm out of ideas. Thus, please try the tactic out and tell me how you would change it. My aim is to create a plug-and-play (no changes needed during the match) tactic which would be defensively solid yet high-scoring. The first part seems to be better as this tactic does not leak many goals even with Almunia/Fabianski on goal. My own observations have shown that I have had the best defence in the EPL with it. The main problem is that with Arsenal's attacking talent in mind, the tactic seems to lack in producing goals.

Team (and possible players who should do well there)

teame.png

Team instructions

settingsx.png

Position instructions

Please download the tactic to see the details. ;)

GK: Goalkeeper/Defend

DR: Full back/Support

DCR: Central defender/Defend

DCL: Central defender/Defend (same as DCR, except set pieces)

DL: Full back/Support (same as DR, except set pieces)

DM: Defensive midfielder/Defend

MCR: Advanced playmaker/Attack

MCL: Box-to-box midfielder/Support

AMC: Attacking midfielder/Attack

STR: Poacher/Attack

STL: Target man/Attack

Note: I play Chamakh and Bendtner in STL, Walcott and Vela in STR, van Persie both in STR as well as in STL positions.

How I tested this tactic?

I've been using a similar tactic for a while and I've always ended up having a solid defence coupled with a relatively poor attack. I've deleted those previous tactics out of frustration because with Arsenal you expect to score goals as well. I've taken over certain elements from previous tactics. Testing itself was mainly automated: I set up a game (team settings, training, tactic and match preparation) in July and then went on a holiday until January 1st. Team talks as well as press conferences and matches were assigned to my assistant (Pat Rice) who was asked to use my tactic in all matches. I repeated it three times with promising but not perfect results each time.

• 1st try: 47 points in 20 games, 1st place in the league, lacked in scoring goals, yet by far the best defence, only 8 goals conceded
  • 2nd try: 41 points in 20 games, 4th place in the league (Liverpool had 55 points!), neither attack nor defence were impressive
  • 3rd try: 43 points in 20 games, 2nd place in the league, 38 goals scored (best in the league but not good enough for me), 15 conceded, struggled in big matches

I don't expect too much if I'm on holiday all the time but it speeds up testing for me. Some manual testing was done as well.

Main issues

1) scoring goals, scoring goals, scoring goals! I would like to have 3 goals scored on an average.

2) tweak suggestions here are there, including defence

3) set pieces seem to be fine already

4) is the current philosophy (very fluid) any good? I had fluid before.

Download

You can get it HERE!

Thanks for testing, helping, commenting...

Archived