Examples of the ME showing your tactics aren't working.

I've noticed a few tell tale signs that show that something's wrong with your tactics.

If I start out attacking the opposition and we are playing well but missing good chances I can tell the oppo will eventually score so I change down to control.

The long ball over the top - I tell my defenders to defend deeper.

Think they've stopped this since the patch but 30-40 iFK always goes to the goalkeeper then there keeper throws it out for a counter and they get a chance or score.

in the old days not sure if it happens now but on commentary mode - there was a long pause before a penalty kick was taken, which usually meant that the penalty taker was going to miss.

Anyone else notice little tell tale signs?

For some reason I seem to always be able to tell when a freekick will go in. The wall always arranges in a perculiar position, and the keeper favours the far post, then the take puts it in the near post. For me that seems to be the most common way free kicks are scored in FM. In fact I'd go as far as saying you see more freekicks deflected in than you see scored at the far post (at least on FM 10 that is).

Archived