my concerns after the new patch: is it just me or the game changed

I'm playing a career game with my favourite team in England. I was at the beginning of my fourth season where the new patch was released and the following things changed for me. I'm almost at the end of the season and here are my observations. I just wanted to have your advice and experience on this to see whether I might overreact a bit and where it is really the game:

1. CCC - I'm aware about the widely discussed issue with CCC but my case is a bit different. I tend to be defensive-minded manager. My team is inferiour to the opposition so I have to adopt more conservative approach. I rarely switch to control/attacking - only against clearly inferiour teams or when I have to chase a result in the second half. This results is me creating few but generally good chances. Before the patch it worked like that: few chances - high conversion ratio. Now, after the patch = my last season, it is exactly the opposite. I'm now creating a lot of really good chances but the conversion rate almost makes me cry at times... my strikers (=the same as before) cannot score anymore... I'm using the same tactic and formation, the same approach (of course, with small adjustments depending on the opposition, the weather etc.). I have the impression that I'm kind of exploiting the ME with my tactic and creating a lot of good chances just to see them missed one after another... I play basic 4-4-2

2. At the same time I have drastically improved on set pieces - I have a young regen (19-years old) that scored already 17 goals from corners (with still 8 games to go!!)... the strange thing is that he is scoring them all at the far post. Yes, he has relatively good stats - 14-15 for heading, jumping, pace, positionning, strenght but it seems a bit too high. Again I feel I'm exploiting the ME but I refuse to change this as it balances the incredibly poor conversion ratio of my strikers...

3. Set pieces instructions - I won't go into details here as it seems that there is enough evidence that these are bugged for sure. Everytime I load the game I have to update my instructions as I have "default" settings for the corners - nobody on the posts when I'm defending (very funny - the guys that should be there are ticked manually just to stay back and not mark the posts)... at the same time these "default" settings allowed me to discover that corners at the far post are also very effective (see point 2) - I tend to use "near post" and "6 yard area"

Some final words: this is my fourth season in the game and it has been my worst season up until now. I have constantly exceeding expectations during the first three just to do ok this season. But that's fine... the thing that bothers me is that all those things are happening after the new patch and I just cannot take it off my head blaming the patch for some of them... I know that it is recommended to start a new game with the patch but I don't want to - I enjoy my game (well a bit less now). Do you have similar experience on points 1,2,3? Do you feel that the patch has an impact on the tactical aspects of the game?

Thank you

i have the same problem that you in point number 2... well, actually not the same, coz im scoring for fun in the far post since day one. My central def is getting more than 10 goals per year, he is good, but is not realistic (4th season). Tho is rarely happens the other way around, when the corner is against me.

For the rest, i dont have the set pieces problem, and my strikers get tons or chances tho they dont score that much, but thats a problem with my wait of playing, coz thats happening to me for the last couple of years

Archived