FMHi - daft question probably

Ok, having read the spec of FMHi 2011, it appears to confirm the world's worst kept secret - i.e that FMH on the PSP has well and truly had its day. FMHi is clearly the way forward.

Question though - is FMHi for i-phone only, or could i get it as an app for my i-pod touch?

It should work on iPod Touch too but it might only be more current version so check the info on the app store when it's released just to make sure.

If you have the latest iPod Touch you should be ok.

• SI Staff
Question though - is FMHi for i-phone only, or could i get it as an app for my i-pod touch?

Not daft at all - FMHi will run on any iTouch/iPhone/iPad (so long as its iOS 3.0 or above), I've been very careful to ensure that is the case and I own one of each of the various iterations of the devices so I can ensure that each stays stable during development.

If your device is below iOS3.2 then you'll find the stadium mapping* feature is disabled but the the game will operate fine, its just that one feature which requires a slightly higher operating system version.

*This is the one which guides you to a real-life ground on a map.

Not daft at all - FMHi will run on any iTouch/iPhone/iPad (so long as its iOS 3.0 or above), I've been very careful to ensure that is the case and I own one of each of the various iterations of the devices so I can ensure that each stays stable during development.

If your device is below iOS3.2 then you'll find the stadium mapping* feature is disabled but the the game will operate fine, its just that one feature which requires a slightly higher operating system version.

*This is the one which guides you to a real-life ground on a map.

Nice one - re: the last point about guiding you to a real life ground - does this mean you can link through to a stadium pic on t'internet?

My i-pod touch is only 8GB - will this have enough storage space for a few seasons do you reckon?

Apols for all the questions...

Nice one - re: the last point about guiding you to a real life ground - does this mean you can link through to a stadium pic on t'internet?

My i-pod touch is only 8GB - will this have enough storage space for a few seasons do you reckon?

My old 1st gen iPod Touch was an 8 GB model and it ran FMH10 perfectly, so I imagine anything newer (and perhaps even that ancient model itself) could handle FMH11 too.

• SI Staff

No afraid not - its just a real-world system for guiding you to stadiums you don't know the location of irl.

8Gb is fine for LOTS of seasons and save games mate, those are heavily compressed in FMHi so you've oddles to spare :D

Not a problem at all - thats what I'm here for :D

Archived