Array Out of Bounds...

Started a game unemployed as a Sunday League Footballer....

Got the job at Woking and won the BSS in my 2nd season.

Played the first season and finished 7th and got Regional status.

Started 2nd season in BSP and the Newport job came up (Newport my favourite club). Applied for the job and the next thing there is a brieif look at an offer screen before the screen goes into "safe mode" and back to the news scrren - have to Ctrl + S to save - reload and then the job is offered to someone else (screen back to normal). Anyone else experienced this?

Also - have played almost 175 games with a win ratio of 55% and still cannot get a job at a higher club (currently 2nd in the BSP) - is this a bug?

The "array out of bounds' thing happened to me a lot in FM10. i think it was due to installing rogue graphics files. Have you added anything, or altered the data, eg with FMRTE?

If your save crashed, surely you can roll back to the last time you saved and have the Newport job come up again? (you should always keep 2 or 3 prev saves - I resave every month)

Nothing added apart from the new patch - I was a leading candidate for the job - it looked as if the offer of a job coincided with the crash...a bit frustrating if it is as I only have one save. Still, currently 2nd with Woking after 23 games so still something to play for. Just hope that it doesn't happen again. I'll make sure to start a 2nd save now!

Archived