[FM11] Advice needed (transfer request)

I recently bought a good youngish striker in the January transfer window but did not realise that he had played for 2 clubs already this season so would be unable to play for me until the Summer. However, because I've not been playing him he has now requested a transfer. As far as I can see the Interaction doesn't include an option to tell the player "I can't f****** pick you, you f****** idiot, blame FIFA not me!" as I would in real life so if I accidentally find myself in this situation again is there any advice to be understood?

(Confusion came because he'd played in Peru where the season is contained within the calendar year)

Well, first of all reject his transfer request. You should get a message saying 'Player X is Unhappy'. Use the 'Conversation' button in that message to discuss the situation with him. Be sure to handle the conversation tactfully, which should end up in him Apologizing to you. :p

I think he should stay quiet for a few months. Also, you could try to squeeze in a few friendly matches every time you have an off week. Make sure you play him in the starting lineup in those matches, and the rest of the squad can be your other fringe players or youth squad players. This gives him some Match Exp, and should stop him from complaining...

Archived