regens and scouting

2 questions, and i HAVE looked on the forum very quickly to see if theyre answrered elswhere. played the game last night for an hour, and loved it. so going to buy it. 3 questions..is the regenration of players constant, so the number of players will not reduce as with the pc version? i see you get very little players throuh youth? am i right in saying you cant view international squad, but you can see caps, which does get updated?? and can you send scouts, as with the pc version, to look for specific types of players? cheers-if so, do you get the star ratings??!

2 questions, and i HAVE looked on the forum very quickly to see if theyre answrered elswhere. played the game last night for an hour, and loved it. so going to buy it. 3 questions..is the regenration of players constant, so the number of players will not reduce as with the pc version? i see you get very little players throuh youth? am i right in saying you cant view international squad, but you can see caps, which does get updated?? and can you send scouts, as with the pc version, to look for specific types of players? cheers-if so, do you get the star ratings??!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is the regeneration of players constant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the FM PSP game uses a similar system to our older third series of management sims and has a constant number of players present in the game database.

The actual 'active' players can vary by between 5-10% at any point during play because some players might be awaiting regeneration rather than active.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">very little players through youth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some players will be promoted from your youth squad sporadically, generally this is around 2-3 every couple of seasons when I play but it will vary somewhat according to team and circumstance.

Obviously for these players to be promoted you MUST have space in your squad for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">international squad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Currently you can't view the international squad or competitions. Players do however recieve caps and you are updated on competition results etc. as appropriate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">scouts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can scout players pretty much as per CM3. To scout for specific types apply filters to the player list returned.

Archived