How on earth can you "manage" form?!

This is one of the areas in the game I find really difficult to understand why although I suspect you can also say the same for real life as well.

I started really well with a basic 4-4-2 and was pretty much unbeaten but then hit a bit of a wall. So I changed to a 4-3-3 and went on a great run with results like a 1-1 away draw with Chelsea a 2-0 home win v Man City and then a 4-0 away win at Bolton.

Then inexplicably in two away games against WBA and then Stoke I drew 1-1 and lost 0-1 and both had 10 men for most of the game. Now confidence was up, morale was fine and of course form was ok. I didn't say "I expect to win" in the teamtalks. It's all very baffling how I can tear apart Bolton a week before and yet can't beat 10 men the two weeks after!!

Yes I know it happens IRL but how do you deal with this ? Does the AI suss your tactic???!!!!!! ;-)

Perhaps your players became complacent against the lower teams. Perhaps they didnt like away days against the likes of Stoke. Perhaps they had different attributes (say physical strength) and bullied your team around. Perhaps the tactics they use were particularly effective against your formation and so on.

The AI does work out your tactics - like what happens IRL. In previous games it was always after Christmas or after the end of season break. It looks like the AI has mixed this up a bit now to be more unpredictable which is a good thing.

Archived