Newbie q about ind training focus

Mahr

How can I tell my player to focus on tackling or acceleration/pace if it isn't in the drop-down menu? Does something like "Quickness" cover those speed related areas, and perhaps "Technique" covers tackling?

I'm just wondering whether or not something is missing or if its meant to be this way.

Well I'm no expert since it's new... but my guess is that quickness is indeed both acceleration and pace. Betting they did that instead of just pace alone because it can be such a killer.

As for tackling, training in technique will increase your players technique stat. However technique does have an affect on tackling ability, it basically is a secondary stat to almost all other technical stats as for a more direct tackling don't think there is one. Again the guess is they didn't want people focusing on tackling and having host of mids and backs with 20 tackle.

Interesting. I'm just confused as some areas are given their option in the drop-down menu, while other (in my opinion relevant) options such as tackling and sprint-training appear to have been merged into something like Quickness if thats correct.

Shouldn't a manager be able to tell his backs to focus-train on tackling? I don't find that unrealistic. Oh well. Thanks for the answer Martyr.

Archived