GAME/gamesplanet setup.exe 0 bytes

Having purchased FM2011 on Wednesday, I encountered a number of failed downloads through their (GAME/gamesplanet) Downloader-app. Eventually, I managed to get a "complete" download with the install-option from within the app...which didn't work ("An error has occurred. The application could not be launched.").

I checked the download folder on my PC and found that the bin-file was 1.22GB but the 2nd file (the setup.exe) had 0 bytes - no wonder it wouldn't install.

Then I tried to download the game manually from the gamesplanet site, only to find a blank website which didn't offer me anything.

On Thursday, probably by sheer luck, I connected with the manual-download-website, which told me kindly that I had already reached my number of downloads and cannot avail of another one. (I have since not been able to reproduce this as the website again shows me a blank.)

This morning now, I used the Downloader-app for the whole thing again...and received another 0-byte-setup.exe.

Having browsed the web up and down, I have not come across any reference, respectively anyone else with the same problem.

I contactes gamesplanet's support on Thujrsday but have yet to receive a reply. Perhaps anyone here could help me out..? I'd most appreciate it!

I really can't help with the Football Manager issue you are having but had trouble with Game/Gamesplanet downloading with PES2011. If you want your money back Email Gamesplanet and Game outlining your issues and that you will pass them onto relevant consumer bodies and in my case I was refunded within a week.

Hope you get you issue sorted without having to go through that but just thought I'd let you know refund is an option if all else fails.

I really can't help with the Football Manager issue you are having but had trouble with Game/Gamesplanet downloading with PES2011. If you want your money back Email Gamesplanet and Game outlining your issues and that you will pass them onto relevant consumer bodies and in my case I was refunded within a week.

Hope you get you issue sorted without having to go through that but just thought I'd let you know refund is an option if all else fails.

Thanks for the reply - it's ,much appreciated!

Firstly, I would have expected the "manual"-download to work and not to return ablank page. Secondly, I would have liked to receive a response from their support team by now. And thirdly, this problem seems (after two "full" downloads) to be really odd as one woyuld think I shouldn't be the only one experiencing such issues.

Anyway, I'd like to play the game - preferably tomorrow, as that's my weekend - and not to chase some refund. It surprises me to hear that this was sorted for you within a few days. (Strangely, two weeks ago I bought my first downloadable game with GAME which was PES 2011 and it worked just fine.)

Hopefully, someone else here might be able to help...

Archived