Clear cut chances conversion ratio

Now I know I should be posting this in the bugs section, but I want to make sure if my problem is really a bug or my sudden lack of tactical knowledge. I am using the 1.1 patch on a demo saved game.

By far, the biggest annoyance in 2011 is the conversion of clear cut chances into goals by the players and the lack of TAKING A SHOT when in the 16 yard box.

I get players executing 3 or 4 passes among themselves, even when standing literally 2 feet from one another, before someone attempts to actually shoot at goal. The problem of course, is that by the time someone actually decides to shoot, I get a "perfect sliding tackle" from one of the defenders and there goes my attack.

There would be absolutely nothing wrong with this scenario, if it would happen all the goddamn time and I mean in almost absolutely EVERY game, with maybe, just maybe 1 or 2 exceptions in 20 games I've played so far. I cannot get my players to shot from the obvious position in the 16 yard box. It seems like they are all incredibly unselfish and prefer to pass around and away from goal, even in the most blatant clear cut situations and it is starting to really annoy me.

I'm playing with Nantes FC in the second french tier and I don't really have any amazing finishers (mostly finishing 9 or 10 with composure 12) with average mental skills) but still, wouldn't it then make more sense if players would be selfish and try to finish actions themselves instead of just passing aimlessly around the box?

Can someone tell me if this is maybe somehow my fault, (as I hadn't had this kind of problem in the last 3 versions of the game I played) or is this something that needs to be addressed as soon as possible?

Archived