Attributes and How they Improve

Hello all, long time lurker here and been playing for many years, wanted to ask a question regarding Attributes

Ok, so basically I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how players attributes work in relation to training and natural development. i.e. does training in a certain areas (lets say fitness) improve that players stamina until it reaches a fixed amount? so say a defender has stamina 16 in the editor, will it ever go above 16 ? or is 16 stamina all that player will ever be able to achieve in his life because that's what it is in the editor?

Basically, if there are set values in the editor for a player, is he confined to those values forever ? I'm just wondering say, if someone like Wilshere for example who might have 16 dribbling at the moment (and in the editor data) will ever get to say 19 through the course of the game (never played it long enough to find out) and if it is always the case, with every long term game, that he will reach the same value once he has reached his max CA.

Not sure entirely how it works so just wondered if someone could shed some light on the issue to clarify for me. I like the idea of specific training schemes coming up in FM11 and hopefully that will help improve attributes in players which otherwise would stay quite low because they are (or are not) fixed in the editor data.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Archived