Arrows Confusion

Hi,

Could somebody offer me a bit of advice. I'm a bit confused about the arrows when you're creating a tactic. (I have the game for the psp by the way).

I understand that if I set a forward arrow for a position then the player will move to that position when my side have the ball. I also understand that if I put an arrow towards my goal then the player will move to that position when my side is not in possession of the ball.

I think that the arrows directly to the left or right of a position are to tell the player to either play the position a bit wider or narrower than normal regardless of whether we have possession (if somebody could confirm I'd appreciate it).

What do the diagonal arrows mean, for example if I'm using a standard 442 and I put a diagonal arrow from the MR into forward and to the left (kind of an AMC position) does this mean the player will move to that position when we have possession of the ball or does it mean the player will move forward but play the position slightly narrower than usual. Also the same question for reverse diagonals.

If somebody could clear this up for me it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Ah right ok I see.

So does this mean that the player will play whatever position you put them in but they are still influenced by their stated position in the attributes?

So far example if I put an AMC in the MC slot he will be more inclined to move forward than if I put a MC in the same spot.

Does this also mean that if I play an AMC/Forward in a AMC position he will be more likely to move towards the strikers and take a shot?

Also how do you know what will happen if you have a player who plays for example MRLC?

Sorry for all the questions lol!

Hi, I checked this out last night and I may have confused myself more but I do have four more questions though now. If somebody could help me out I would really appreciate it.

I get that the player may be influenced by his natural position but what about if he is natural ability in two positions (I'm talking about if you look at the position screen for a player which shows the coloured circles depending on ability in that area).

1) If I play an AMC in the MC role. I cant remember who it is but I have one AMC who is regarded as natural in both the MC and AMC positions so where would he position himself during a match?

2) I also have a player who is MR/DR, on the positions screen it says that he is natural in the MR position, Accomplished in the DR position and not as accomplished in the DMR position. If I play him in the DR position would he then potentially be moving during the match towards his natural position (MR) which would actually take him into a less convincing position (DMR) in order to reach it?

3) If I had a player who was AMC and on the positions screen it only shows that he is natural in the AMC position and not as convincing in the MC position would you still play him in the MC position based on the fact that you want him to move towards the AMC position during the game or would this likely mean a poor rating for the player.

4) Do you actually take any notice at all of the positions screen for a player when choosing players for positions?

Thanks.

1) Lampard type role, middle to in the hole.

2) DMR attack more so drifting back isn't the same.

3) If you put a DMC next to him in the formation to allow creativity and his stamina/tackling is good it shouldn't matter.

4) Personally no as I use the main ones and aim for a 5-5 attacking/defending split to balance it all out. As long as they are playing in a similar position to what they are said (e.g. MC-MC-MC could be AMC/L-DMC-AMC/R).

Archived