Managing a National Team

Just curious... has anyone been offered a national team job while managing a club? Or when a vacancy comes up, do you have to resign your club first?

Been the manager of Leeds for a few seasons now(following a spectacular debut at Jena after an unemployed start), and have been dilligently adding and building up Finnish players, while eyeing the national team slot. Taking Leeds from L1 (where I found them languishing after relegation) to the PRM, was hoping that the accolades would land me the Finnish slot.

Just wondering if I am chasing a windmill too far.

Just be patient. When your reputation gets high enough, you'll start to get a couple of offers.

Be on alert after major competitions (Euro or WC) because right after, usually a couple of managers are sacked, and you can go ahead and apply.

If you're still not getting any offers at all, and you feel like you deserve them, AND if you don't mind cheating a tiny bit, add a new user for the national team you want, resign, and then apply for that job on your main user. Works more often than not.

It should be...

I've had some random luck with it, to be honest.. Some games I feel like I can manage any nation easily, and on others after having a series of successful Premiership runs, I can't even manage mid-European nations such as Serbia or Austria or so on.

Seven seasons in... and half of the Finnish team has played for me or been part of the training process at either Jena or Leeds.

So you would think the lads running the Finnish show would have heard of me by now... icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, well - patience is a virtue and all that.

Archived