[FM11 IDEA] Player Movement

In my current save im playing with 3 centre backs. I found this works when were attacking as i have many players foreword and suits my style of play. But when were defending all hell breaks loose, players run towards the ball, leaving massive gaps, then some times they don't even go towards to the ball. This is my formation:

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/12104802.jpg/

My idea is this, before a game you should be able to set up what happens when your team doesnt have the ball (Look at Inter Milan when they dont have the ball everyone is defending and working for the team) You should be able to control the space between your midfield and defence (Tight, wide, normal) So in a ideal world when were defending my defence would look like this:

http://img256.imageshack.us/i/86456145.jpg/

Discuss :)

I'm sure this was in a previous version.

Your specific problen however seems to be from having so many players committed forward - so even if you had the facility to tell players where to be without the ball, if you lost possesion in your opponent's half you will be counter-attacked quite quickly and your players will struggle to take up the positions you have set in time to defend effectively.

I'm sure this was in a previous version.

Your specific problen however seems to be from having so many players committed forward - so even if you had the facility to tell players where to be without the ball, if you lost possesion in your opponent's half you will be counter-attacked quite quickly and your players will struggle to take up the positions you have set in time to defend effectively.

No but im playing with a anchor man who doesnt go past the halfway line so if we act quickly we can get into shape.

No but im playing with a anchor man who doesnt go past the halfway line so if we act quickly we can get into shape.

The point I'm making is if you have a team that attacks in numbers - say 2 strikers, 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder (I can't see the image you posted), if you lose possesion deep in your opponents half, you have 5 players committed to attacking positions and even if you are able to tell players where to position themselves without possesion - they will probably to quite a distance from that position.

Obviously if your opponents start off a move from say a goal-kick, your team will be in the positions you want.

The point I'm making is if you have a team that attacks in numbers - say 2 strikers, 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder (I can't see the image you posted), if you lose possesion deep in your opponents half, you have 5 players committed to attacking positions and even if you are able to tell players where to position themselves without possesion - they will probably to quite a distance from that position.

Obviously if your opponents start off a move from say a goal-kick, your team will be in the positions you want.

Ok, well lets say this happens i loose the ball in the penalty area i have four players back and they start a attack down the right wing, atm no one closes them down until a central def does leaving a gap for someone to run into, if i could set up so when this happen i have a normal back 4 then there is less chance of a goal being scored.

Archived