Data transfer

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I just got a new computer and installed FM on it; and I would like to continue my career game from my old computer. Does anyone know how I can transfer the data over?

I copied the db and games folders over (to the my document->sport interactive folder) but the game cannot load my saved game. :(...then I tried to copy the whole Sports Interactive folder over and again, it won't work.

Just to be clear, both computers have the same version of the game. (although the old one has 2 patch updates and the new one does not.)

Please help, I'm getting serious FM withdrawals....

Ok...after patching, which files should I copy over to make this work?

You should just need your games folder. You may want your downloaded skins and other graphics and your editor data files as well if you have any.

Ok...after patching, which files should I copy over to make this work?

Well you should copy the folder named "sports interactive" in C:/User/Name/Documents/ , it has your savegame and settings i believe, other than that i am not sure, there are some hidden files too im not sure if necessary, you can find them by typing %appdata% in the command prompt and untick the "hidden files and folder" in Windows.

Tried copying just the games and db...game won't load...also tried the whole Sports interactive folder, also won't load.. :(

Should I try to uninstall and re-install again?

You did patch the game?

Archived