Keeping players fit in Spain

its tricky. you can't send them to the reserve if they are registered for your A team, and if they aren't registered and you send them to the reserve they won't develop given the appalling coach that will greet them in that team.

what i do is work with a relatively small squad with decent substitutes and promising youngsters. i have my first 11, + 7 subs and then another 3, 4 players for the roles i use the most. as such everyone gets to play every now and again. if i need more i borrow from the under 19. i also find this approach keeps everyone with a high morale and happy, unlike other teams with 30+ players with many unfit and unhappy players.

its tricky. you can't send them to the reserve if they are registered for your A team, and if they aren't registered and you send them to the reserve they won't develop given the appalling coach that will greet them in that team.

what i do is work with a relatively small squad with decent substitutes and promising youngsters. i have my first 11, + 7 subs and then another 3, 4 players for the roles i use the most. as such everyone gets to play every now and again. if i need more i borrow from the under 19. i also find this approach keeps everyone with a high morale and happy, unlike other teams with 30+ players with many unfit and unhappy players.

This is bang on, doing pretty much the same at Betis and squad harmony is hovering around 80% and we are 2nd in la liga. Doing it this way means you can make some money flogging all the mediocre players you inherited too :)

Seconded, keep the squad small, and if you have young players send them out on loan

Archived