Fixture List Crisis

I'm currently managing Bath City and just gone past the traditional boxing day game in BSS. I just had a casual glance at my fixture list and nearly filled my pants. I am playing 6 games in 12 days. Now surely BSS players are not able to handle this amount of games in such a short space of time, surely this is a poor example of match arranging?

But that aside, is there any advice anyone can give me so that I will not end up playing the last 2 games of the six with the under 18's playing and having everyone playing out of position?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

I'm currently managing Bath City and just gone past the traditional boxing day game in BSS. I just had a casual glance at my fixture list and nearly filled my pants. I am playing 6 games in 12 days. Now surely BSS players are not able to handle this amount of games in such a short space of time, surely this is a poor example of match arranging?

But that aside, is there any advice anyone can give me so that I will not end up playing the last 2 games of the six with the under 18's playing and having everyone playing out of position?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Give your first 11 a day off from training the day after each game during the congested part of the season.

Reduce your team's tempo and closing down in games to help conserve energy.

Reduce Strength and stamina training slightly to reduce the chances of injuries in training.

Rotate your squad if at all possible, playing your weaker players in matches that aren't 'must win' games, giving your first team a break and your youngsters valuable experience.

Archived