(IPhone) Help Needed

Hello I purchased FM2010 last week and only played it for about 45mins just downloaded the update and when i play it i get a message saying

"Your device is low on memory, please reboot it before playing the game"

I do that but come up with same message. I can't see my iphone having low memory as it is only 2 weeks old.

Any help much appreicated

If you have tried a reboot (complete shut-down and start-up, not just standby) and it still gives you the message, I would try un-installing and re-installing.

EDIT: Be careful though as this might delete any save games. It might be worth backing up the device with iTunes on your computer first if you don't want to risk loosing any data. Although I've never tried this so I don't know if even that will save your data.

I'm playing on an iphone 3G and I get this message at least once every time I play the game, no matter how many times I do a complete reboot. It does get quite annoying after a while, especially seeing as there is no difference in speed or anything whether I reboot it or not.

• SI Staff
I'm playing on an iphone 3G and I get this message at least once every time I play the game, no matter how many times I do a complete reboot. It does get quite annoying after a while, especially seeing as there is no difference in speed or anything whether I reboot it or not.

The message isn't to do with the game getting slower - its displayed as a warning that the application is running out of available memory (if it ever does run out of it totally it'll just fall over, there's little that can be done about that tbh).

I made the game play a few 'tricks' to help with things so when the message first appears it runs around the ship looking for things to throw overboard and dispose of which is why you've probably not noticed any issues BUT this emergency protection isn't bullet proof and is only really effective the first time the message comes up (if it comes up again the app has already done everything it can tbh).

If you are finding this is a frequent problem on your device would you mind letting me know specifics about your device via a PM or email (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) - please note if you're using a jailbroken device and running other applications in the background this will be the cause of the messages coming up, to prevent the problem from arising please try not to get too carried away running multiple apps on a jailbroken phone.

Hope this helps,

Marc

It's not a major problem, I just find it a tiny bit annoying that it takes away from the page I'm on to tell me. I've now learned to ignore it, which I suppose could be dangerous, but I've played two seasons and it's only crashed on me once and it autosaved successfully as it crashed, so it was no big deal. I'm not jailbroken or anything, but it doesn't really matter. Thanks for the response anyway :)

• SI Staff
It's not a major problem, I just find it a tiny bit annoying that it takes away from the page I'm on to tell me. I've now learned to ignore it, which I suppose could be dangerous, but I've played two seasons and it's only crashed on me once and it autosaved successfully as it crashed, so it was no big deal. I'm not jailbroken or anything, but it doesn't really matter. Thanks for the response anyway :)

Are you listening to music while you play by any chance? (just trying to ascertain why the warning might come up as generally if you've done a clean boot you won't see it).

Sometimes, but mostly I don't listen to music while playing. I haven't been very scientific about this, but sometimes when I do a clean boot it doesn't come up the first time I play the game. It always comes up every time after that though, so it doesn't really seem like there's much point in rebooting to me.

• SI Staff

I've tweaked the 'occurance' point a little for the warning - hopefully it'll be a little rarer for you in update 2 (but do please bear in mind on older devices its critical this exists as they have fairly limited memory and without this they'd just get unexpected crashes, where the 'salvage' code on newer devices generally can free up enough memory that things stay on their feet).

Archived