Parachute Payments?

I recently took over Sunderland who were already relegated from the Premier League with 2 games to go.

They were around -6 million in debt.

Anyway i'm into the following season and i am yet to get message about Paracute payments, and the club is still -3 million in the red.

But 3 million of that as gone through Championship TV revenue and season tickets plus friendly games.

I'm still waiting for my 18 million parachute payments and i am just about to play my first game of the season in the Championship. :confused:

Are parachute payments still on the game?

I remember on previous FM's you got a message in your inbox anouncing you will recieve parachute payments...

you recieve parachute payments at the end of your first season in the Championship, if you bounce straight back with a promotion you don't recieve these payments and instead it is split equally amongst the 21 teams that dont recieve promotion.

you recieve parachute payments at the end of your first season in the Championship, if you bounce straight back with a promotion you don't recieve these payments and instead it is split equally amongst the 21 teams that dont recieve promotion.

Ah right, i thought teams recieved it straight away, but it's split for 2 seasons?

I remember when Sheff Utd were first relegated, didn't they sign James Beattie with their parachute payments and were paying his high wages with the parachute money?

yeah but they will have done that knowing they were getting the payments at the end of the season, and if you dont get promoted in your first season you will recieve the same ammount the next year also, unless you get promoted and its shared again.

Archived