Early Game Retirements - Work Needed?

Does Manager Returements Need Looking At?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Does Manager Returements Need Looking At?

• Yes, this seriously impacts the feel of the game
    • Yes, this is something which bothers me
    • It could be improved but isn't a major issue
    • No, I think this is about right
    • I don't pay attention to other managers

Am I the only one who thinks there are far too many of the top managers retire in the first 12-18 months of a new game. So far in my game (October, second season) Hiddink, Capello, Wenger, Van Gaal, Redknapp have all retired, along with many similarly big names in other countries.

In real life none of these have given an indication they will retire soon and I expect all to be still managing in 3 or 4 years, let alone next season. I think this needs serious work as it seems the game just retires any old-ish managers, some aren't even that old. For me losing all these managers so soon removes alot of the reality and feel of the game.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I have added a poll to see what people think.

I wouldn't be too shocked if Redknapp retired after the spurs job but the others are a suprise. Maybe the big jobs aren't coming up, which in turn forces these managers to retire? Iv always found the Boards to be far too lenient and shy away from swapping a failing current manager for a world class free agent.

So Fergie is still soldiering on then? ;)

No he retired during the 2010 world cup, but as he's almost retired once before in real life I didn't think he would help my point much. :cool:

Just noticed your from Granada too, I used to fly into there alot when I worked in Jerez.

Archived