Manage International Teams

Hello,

I am pretty new to FM10 and I have had a good and entertaining time playing it. I have managed Arsenal with two custom-players, and Barcelona; which of course is two different games.

I am a fan of the Spain National team, and want to manage them, but am clueless how should I do it. Any help on this is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Well you can take them over with a new manager in the save you're currently in, start a new game by choosing them as manager (instead of picking a league in both cases just pick national teams and scroll down to Spain), or by waiting until the job becomes vacant and then applying for it. Note for the last one, with a big nation like Spain if you are not a native then you are at a big disadvantage if you apply. You will have to have significantly higher rep than the next best applicant (e.g. high continental for you, low national for the next man). Hope that answers your question.

I'm pretty sure you can't select a club and a nation at the start of the game. You'll have to select Spain and then apply for club jobs as they become available. Being manager of Spain should give you a pretty good reputation automatically so you should be able to get some sort of club job, although you probably won't be able to manage the really good clubs for a while until you improve your reputation a bit more.

Archived