Do they know about the sell on clause?

Afternoon all.

Playing last night (10.3 if that matters) and i'm trying to offload my talented but lacking jumping attribute young regen central defender. He cost me 1.8m (pounds, i'm in Australia and have no pound simple on my fricking work Mac) with a '10% of profit from next sale' clause included.

Now, i'm trying to sell him because as I say his jumping attribute is less than 10 and i've got another young potential superstar CD coming in the next transfer window so figured I'd cash in on this guy, especially as i've been fending off flirtatious managers for the past couple of game months. His current value it 2.1m so I offer him around for 5m figuring that the teams who are after him will be able to afford it, especially as they all love him so much (Lazio the biggest team in for him).

I receive about 8 bids. All for 1.8m, non-negotiable. Hmmm. So every bid I receive is the one bid where I get to keep all the money and there's no payment to his old club? Not ONE bid was different. Does anyone think that this is a little strange that all the prospective bidders got this spot on?

If my maths are correct, if I sell him for 5m i still make more from the sale than if I sell him for 1.8m...approximately 1m more I reckon?

Of course he's now unhappy that i'm turning down bids for him. I haven't re-offered him yet, thought I'd see if anyone has experienced anything similar or knew why this happened?

Removing wages you will always make a profit from any sale over 1.8 million as its 50% of the profit from the sale e.g. anything over 1.8 million is divided up.

Say you sold for 2 mil, 1.8 to you and then 100k to you and 100k to them, see?

Archived