Scouting help

When I scout for players with certain attributes I get some results in the 'well known players from your region' line. Is there a way I can increase my player searches? Is having more scouts better? Better scouts? Do I need to train myself? I know there are players out there as now and again I find them or play against them but they never show up on a search?

Increase your club's SCOUTING KNOWLEDGE and you will expand the number of "well known players from your region", allowing you to see more. Every staff member has scouting knowledge for a handful of countries, add these up for all your club's staff and you have your club's overall scouting knowledge for those countries. The more it is for each country, the more of that country's players you can see.

You can increase your scouting knowledge with every staff member you hire, especially if they have personal knowledge of different countries.

Does that make sense?

yeah great thanks, so basically hire better and more scouts!!!!

More scouts will help, especially if they have knowledge of countries you don't already have knowledge of. The "quality" (JA/JP) doesn't dictate scouting knowledge, it just affects how accurate their report is.

Also, don't forget scouts aren't the only ones with scouting knowledge. Other staff members, like coaches, physios, etc, add to your club's knowledge. Feeder clubs in different countries and relationships with other managers add to it, too. There's a screen on your team page (called "scouting knowledge" i think) that shows your overall club's knowledge of different countries - and where that knoweldge comes from (which scout, which coach, even yourself the manager!). Check that out.

Archived