Problems

Hi,

I dont seem to be the only person with the outlined problems below, there are many posts all about the same issue. Perhaps someone can assist?

I have just downloaded FM10 via Steam, I went into my account and downloaded the game.

Once this had completed I try and open FM via the desktop shortcut and I get a pop up box saying "preparing to launch FM", this disappears and then nothing. I have tried re-starting and this doesnt work.

If I click the shortcut again it says FM is already running but it is not shown anywhere as running. I have tried closing steam but it says I cant close while a program is running.

I am running this netbook http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/p...pec&fullspec=F which is well within the requirements for the game.

I have downloaded latest version of directx and tried to do the same for my graphic card but that is already running the latest version.

I have also uninstalled steam, then reinstalled and downloaded FM again but experience exactly the same problem.

Can someone shed some light on what is going wrong please as I want to start playing!

Thanks,

James :)

I have also tried setting the screen resolution to 1024x768 and that doesnt work.

Also downloaded the latest .net framework.

Can I please have some support? Having paid my £30 I would have expected to be able to access the game with relative ease on a computer that is less than 12 months old.

James

I can't link you to the post because I'm not sure where it is, but I read someone say that FM doesn't support netbooks, unfortunately. I've also read somewhere that there's a skin in the skinning section of this message board that will/may help those with a netbook.

Edit: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=167235 see if that works? I don't use steam or a netbook, so I'm afraid this is all I can do to help. Hope it works :)

Thanks for you reply, I have tried that but to no avail.

What does seem odd that once I try and open FM and I get the pop up that disappears if I try and open again I get a pop up saying that FM is already running but it isnt shown in task manager and I can feel the computer running slower as if it is running in the background somewhere?

Anyone from SI help please?

James

Archived