10.2 Reverting to 10.1

Has anyone experienced this?

I installed 10.2 when it came out and started a new game, I havn't played for about a week because of problems with my DVD drive. I finally got FM to load today (disc needed) and tried to load my old game. It froze at about 10% and in trying to work out why I noticed that my game is version 10.1.1 now. I know I updated it to 10.2 so I don't understand why this has happened, I only hope that reinstalling 10.2 patch lets me load my save game.

Patches normally work fine with your current game so perhaps the game wasn't finished saving when you switched off your computer or perhaps your faulty drive had something to do with it. Have you got the rolling autosave feature enabled? If so go back to an earlier save and try that.

Patches normally work fine with your current game so perhaps the game wasn't finished saving when you switched off your computer or perhaps your faulty drive had something to do with it. Have you got the rolling autosave feature enabled? If so go back to an earlier save and try that.

No it had finished saving. I have since reinstalled 10.2 and my game loaded up fine, but it still confuses me that the game reverted to 10.1, software shouldn't be able to revert. I thought maybe the game hadn't updated properly in the first place but I checked and my save game is with the 10.2 database. Still it works now so no harm done in the end.

Archived