My experiences on the "superkeeper" bug...

This is not intended to say that others do not experience the 'superkeeper' bug. I cannot say whether they do or not. What I can say is that I have now played 8 games since installing the new patch. I have yet to lose in that span. I have outscored the opposition 23 - 11 over that time. I have two games in that span where I scored 5 goals in each game. I have a handful of one-on-one goals over that time as well. I play with Kansas City in MLS. I guess what I am looking for here is a list from others that talks about the scorelines they have had since the patch. I truly get that many of you believe that a bug exists. I am not here to equivocally say it does not. I am here to say I have yet to see it, therefore I have a hard time accepting its reality. My tactics are working with this patch. I am seeing things that make me believe this is the best patch yet, anecdotally speaking. Please follow suit and list your record, scoreline and thoughts following the installation of the patch.

What is intriguing is that there seem to be two pretty strong camps here (not sure on the numbers or percentages); one group that definitely believes they have seen some elevation in goalkeeping ability and one group that definitely believes that this is not the case. Stupid question; is it possible that the patch is affecting each of us differently? How many people who are having the problem started a new save? How many kept the same save? Why are we seeing such different results?

I kept the same save. Not seeing any extraordinary goalkeeping. Don't really know what the answer is...

Please explain further because I cannot say that I have seen this...

I was top of LIGA BBVA with Albacete, had 3 different tactics that I rotated, all of which were designed to cope with the long shot/no closing down problems

Changed to 10.2 and failed miserably to score or even create a chance. My tactics that had served me so well failed to get me anything in a tightened up ME.

Stupid question; is it possible that the patch is affecting each of us differently?

I think certain types of goalscoring chances are more affected than others.

In the last few games where I've tried to exploit the middle and play lots of through balls for quick strikers, I've created and missed absolutely bundles of clear cut chances.

On a different lower-league game, I tend to get the ball wide and cross it in for two tall strikers - I still seem to be scoring plenty of goals on that saved game.

Archived