Has the new patch botched your formation? Also considering going to "sliders"?

Hi all,

Haven't managed to play on my beloved Football Manager game much since release due to new promotion at work and the missus moaning about getting the house re-decorated. I did manage to squeeze it a couple of seasons within the first few weeks though.

As usual with new FM series, I went my beloved and now beleagued Liverpool. I started the game and got rid of the usual riff raff that has plagued our squad and made some tasty signings on the game - Dzeko, Young, Bentley, Pienaar, Arda Turan, Jovetic and Tommy Spurr as the notable players. I then went to my formations and was introduced to the new fancy - Player types tactics creator where you have "Complete Forward and box to box midfielder. A bit taken aback I decided to use the Tactics Creator and created a basic 4-4-2 with full backs, defenders, wingers x 2, box to box midfielder and ball winning midfielder. Up front I decided Torres was a complete forward and Dzeko, the herculan man was a perfect target man. I decided on shorter passing and a few other tweaks and decided to use it and see what happened as it was my first go on new game.

What followed was 2 seasons of pure magic. First League brought me a title and F.A Cup and second season I won a double ofg League and Champions League. I was in heaven. I knocked it in the head for a couple of weeks then due to carpets being laid and walls done etc.

By the time I got back onto it, my new PC Windows 7 update had arrived from Dell and I banged that on and my other game went off. I know I could of saved it but I went a bit silly and signed Cesc for 55m and he was only making the bench :). So i decided to start a new one.

I started a new season on Sunday and seen a new patch had been added. I went Liverpool, signed same players but paid MORE haha which I could deal with, Torres got injured a lot more, which I could deal with, but my tactics I had revered for two seasons were officially dump. Pure cow dung. I played 6 games and lost 4 including Fulham at home losing 2 -0 even though I had 7 clear cut chances and over 24 shots. I understand that this could happen in football and that aint my gripe.

My gripe is that the new patch seems to serverly damaged my tactics and its hard to understand. I changed to 4-5-1 for about 5 games and I won more but still didnt feel right. Has the new patch changed the match engine so serverly that tactics are broken? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also because of this I am tempted to move back to the old style slider tactics but it scares me (lol) when it says you cant revert back. However I hardly ever use the touchline instructions anyways. How many people have reverted back folks? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance,

And merry xmas

LM

Archived