Differences between leagues

Aside from reputation are there any differences between the leagues, i.e in style of play, tactical emphasis, speed, attacking play vs defensive etc?

I was wondering because a player who is very good in Spain or Italy might struggle in the EPL with it's non stop quick tempo, physical game and vice versa. Does the game recognise this and do the ingame players?

I know that different clubs at the same reputation level are pretty much the same (which I would love to see changed), but I was wondering if the domestic leagues they play in might be different to each other to present different tactical challenges and lead the in game chairmen, fans, media etc to question whether success/tactics in one country could translate to another.

Have you found that tactics in Serie A are different to, or obsolete against, EPL teams?

Also, can players distinguish between the leagues, so if a player has a bad time in a country, doesn't settle or like the culture, would he refuse to go back to that country again? Would a languid playmaker prefer to stay on the continent because of the different tempo to matches? Do leagues have different ratings, for strength in depth of the league, defensive vs attacking? Do players ever have a strong preference to play in a particular championship, i.e La Liga as opposed to EPL?

Well that is very difficult to show in the game, but in real life, in my country league(spain), there are differents in style of playing, for example is not the same the play of Barcelona, to Athletic.

I think it depends on the players you have in your team, if you have fast players you have to play faster, and so..

It would transform the game though imo if the huge differences between leagues and also the huge differences between clubs could somehow be represented; it would make it so much more challenging if you had to consider whether or not different players could adapt to the style of a different league, as well as could you, your tactics and personal style adapt and suit a different country or particular club? I think it would increase a save's longevity exponentially and make the game feel even more realistic and stop me at least ever getting bored, as there would always be a new and very different challenge.

Archived