Press Conference Questions I'd Like to See

That the press conferences can be a little stale has been discussed ad nauseum. I actually don't mind them (although I preferred last year's version, because I almost always got good reactions from my players), but was thinking the other day that there were a number of areas that the press conferences completely ignored.

• Questions about loan players; today Mark Hughes was asked about whether he intended to let Joe Hart stay on loan at Birmingham, and he said that he was absolutely intending on bringing Hart back to Man City. I'd like to be asked occasionally about the players I have out on loan and have some influence over their morale or feelings about their loan spell.
  • If I say a player isn't going to play and then he does play, I should get called out on it by the press (or vice-versa).
  • Questions about my team selection (Why did "X" player play instead of "Y" player?).
  • Since diving is now in the game, if a player gets booked for it they should ask if I thought it was a dive or not.

Any other questions you can think to add it?

2) What responses would you like to see and what effect should they have?

3) Same here - what responses and what effect?

4) How would you know if it's a dive or not? Go off commentators comments? Also, why would you ever say "absolute diver my player is obviously a cheat?"

Archived