The Big Interview!

I've recently got my team playing, Ok football, not world beating but acceptable. So I play Fulham at home and go 4-1 up by the 60th minute, by the final whistle I manage to win 4-3. Now I'm happy with the win but obviously want to make it known after the match that I'm not too chuffed with the late goals, so I think one of my answers to a question is "I'm happy with the result but not the performance". Of course this elicits a lukewarm response from the players, who precede to get walloped 4-1 in the next game at Stoke.

So my question is this; are my players such delicate little flowers that one wrong answer in an interview can make them perform so badly next game?

When you've won a game by such a close margin but have still won it would be best to tell you side in the dressing room that you were not happy with the performance, i wouldn't do it when asked by the press i would simply refuse to answer the question. Most players on the game respond the way you described when criticised in the press following a win, i think they shouldn't but they do.

Archived