Opposition Instructions! I play as Hull.

I know these instructions are really important, some use and some don't. I'm playing as hull city and i need every edge i can get :thup:

If you've had success or know how to set up your OI (Oposition Instructions) please help with the below examples.

Instructions for dealing with:

Fast wingers:

Good dribbling wingers:

Strong Strikers:

Fast Strikers:

AMC/MC:

Fullbacks/DCs:

Bare in mind Hull City have aren't great tacklers or quick in most departments since their relegation candidates.

Thank you for any help or tips! :)

I think they're largely dependent on where you think you might be weak in your defending and which players on the opposition may pose a threat.

I play in lower leagues so most of the opposition players are masked out which means I don't have to option of knowing which opposition players to target specifically but this is the set up I typically use. I don't know if it makes a whole lot of sense but its working for me.

Tight Marking on Strikers, Wingers

Show onto Weaker foot for opposition strikers if they are not either footed

Closing down on opposition wingers, keeps my full backs from being lazy defensively and making sure not too many crosses get through.

Hard tackling on Opposition MCs, slows things down in their midfield. No hard tackling on strikers as I'm afraid it may concede too many penalties.

It really depends of your tactics. I am using completely default 442 with cautios tackling and for OI's just close down strikers and tight mark CM's. Still have best defensive record in EPL with average team(my best defensive player is Anton Ferdinand) for second year in the row, while losing only 1 match out 27.

After that it all depends how your team instructions are setup.If you are pressuring to much or not enough it can kill you very fast. Same thing if you allow opponent to pass freely in your half.

Depends I tend to mark just x2 key players regardless of who I play to be honest.

Opposition instructions are as follows:-

I choose one player that from past experience was awsome for the opposition so I either mark tightly, or tackle hard all game.

Then from the pre-match briefings I either takle hard/ close down/man mark accordingly from the back room staff advice. Seems to work fine for me... so far that is.

Archived