Setting Leagues

Hi,

I started a game with BCFC and loaded the English leagues down to the 3rd tier and Spanish down to the 2nd tier. I'm 4 years in now and there don't appear to be any decent fullbacks in the game.

My aggregate scouting knowledge is pretty good, I have a multinational backroom team, yet when I search for a LB or RB, even with stats that aren't really desirable, I only get about 10possibilites, out of those 10, only perhaps 1 or 2 would be suitable. And of those, for example, I placed an offer for a 26 year old RB worth 2.6 million, had it rejected, kept raising it to rejections, until the team finally accepted a 56 million offer. So it would appear that the game recognises the shortage of decent FB's also.

I'm guessing I need to run more leagues but I'm after some advice as to how many and which ones. I'll def. include Brazil because there seem to be some good youngsters coming from there but I don't want to be in a position 6 years down the line, where my game starts creaking to a halt because of too many leagues loaded.

I've seen here that people load 40 leagues or so, which to me sounds ideal, if you are one of them how do you get that to work, what's the speed issues and your system specs?

My specs are:

HP Laptop

3.00GB Ram

AMD X-2 2.1Ghz proc

256 Mb gfx

The detail level tab shows my estimated game speed as 2.5 stars but it zips along compared to 09.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

That's a bizarre situation you've been in mate, and I can't really help there.

But regarding loading leagues and your system struggling after a few years, you might find a custom database is the answer.

I find a medium one perfectly adequate, and then retain players. I'm playing in Germany so I've retained players from the top divisions of most of the European countries, apart from the real minnows, and from the top clubs around the world.

Personally I wouldn't recommend retaining all players from a nation, unless you have a specific need.

No, not view only.

When you start a new game you get given the option for the database size. Select custom, then small/medium/large, then the countries and to which level in each you want players retained.

I've got about 50/60 countries in there and only Germany (down to regionals), France, Italy, Spain and England (all top league only) playable. It amounts to 38000 players on the medium database.

Archived