Defending.....or not!

Gents, I am following the Cleon Syrup and Honey Thread. Just finished a season and noticed something very odd with defending..........players in the game do not tackle. I have posted a reply on the discussion board in that thread but wanted to check with people playing other formations and styles to see if they have noticed this potential dreadful problem with the match engine.

I have read a number of threads questioning the defending so wondered if any one else had been checking the anlysis screen at the game and realised that your defenders across 90 minutes (i have 3 Cb's and 2 WB's) between them attempt 3 tackles across 90 minutes. Thats 5 players making 3 tackles!!

During the games I started to get frustrated with the fact that players just seem to walk past my players so started to check the analysis screen to check tackles......really disappointed. One of my defenders had 100% stats for tackles made to tackles won at the end of the season.........a massive 7 tackles attempted in 18 games. This is totally unrealistic. Imagine John Terry only attempting 7 tackles in 1,620 minutes of football.

I have only posted this for people to check their games. If it is only me then great, I don't want people moaning saying its my tactics as I have checked an old save with a different team and the stats suggest exactly the same.........players literally don't tackle. Maybe its an issue with the collection of stats, maybe the game doesn't recognise tackles and therefore doesn't collect them on the analysis page. Not sure. Be interested to see if people have noticed this on their games.

There's a large thread on it started by Garry (Hammer). Quite a good discussion actually, just do a search for it - I would but I'm on dial-up speed until Monday.

Personally I think there are far bigger defensive issues with the game than the tackling stats, namely defending set pieces and wide delivery, and full backs again refusing to defend properly, the same as 09.

Archived